Business growth challenges
Do the challenges of growing your business wear your down? Maybe you went from a flood of new clients during tax season to a trickle the rest of the year. It’s confusing when you’re doing everything that is supposed to increase business, but get less than ideal results. Accounting professionals sometimes realize they are the bottleneck which stops business growth.
You started your firm because you want to help others with their financials. It’s rewarding to witness their growth. And, referrals is proof that your work matters. But, when your phone doesn’t ring or your inbox doesn’t have any new potential clients reaching out to you, then frustration flares up.
The Field of Dreams Prophecy
Many accounting professionals follow the Field of Dreams prophecy. Build it and they will come.
Building a business is only half the secret. Yes, people need your services.
Unfortunately, potential clients don’t always realize your value and what sets you apart from others. This means you need to educate them. Teach them about how you possess the exact solutions to their problems.
Fine tune your ideal client and where to find her. Then, update your client attraction marketing plan periodically. These important aspects require ongoing attention as your accounting firm continues growing.
Identify the bottleneck
I can plan out the strategy and tactical growth steps with my clients all day long. However, any underlying concerns will hinder those efforts. Your firm is only as strong as its weakest link. So you’ll want to discover the bottleneck that is slowing down your business growth.Your #accounting firm is only as strong as its weakest link. Read full post. #getpaidwhatyoureworth Click To Tweet
Achieving results is very difficult when there are hidden agendas which cause resistance. Opposing beliefs, or conflicting values, will limit the effectiveness of your efforts. How does fear or lack of control affect your decisions?
These 5 bottlenecks slow down business growth.
- Perfection. Your firm is your creation. As a result, you want things to be perfect. Perfection rarely happens. So, it’s best to go with good enough and then make corrections along the way.
- Comparisons. Keeping up with the competition is never-ending. It’s good to know what other accounting professionals are doing. View your competitor’s success as evidence that you can be successful too instead of causing envy.
- Control freak. Accounting professionals start out doing everything themselves. Holding onto tasks beyond your skill set will eventually make you the bottleneck, stopping business growth. You can’t continue to do it all yourself, and expect to grow, without burning out. Grow a team that is better and smarter than you. Find people who play at the things you struggle with.
- Serious business. Something will always need your attention. As soon as one bottleneck is corrected, then another pops up which needs to be fixed. It’s never-ending. What enjoyable activities have you given up? Discover the joy in your work so it doesn’t turn into a grind.
- Mistakes happen. If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re stagnating. Learn what went wrong, how that occurred and how to avoid repeating that specific mistake. It’s a discovery process.
Just like your firm needs clients to remain open, your mindset influences how successfully you grow. Growth occurs as you work through limiting thoughts.Your mindset influences how successfully your #accounting firm grows. Read full post. #getpaidwhatyoureworth Click To Tweet
Challenges will continue to arise as your accounting firm grows. Therefore it’s important to remain connected to your vision, especially when you’re challenging your limits. Courage helps you extend beyond your current capabilities.
Your mindset will influence whether, or not, you follow your growth plan. Don’t underestimate your mindsets potential.
Leave your underlying concerns behind
Imagine yourself networking and marketing your firm. Maybe some underlying concerns appear. Doubt creeps in and you worry about how people will respond to you. You wonder where your next client will come from. Standing in front of a group of people talking about your business is vulnerable.
Don’t allow these intrusive thoughts to affect your efforts. Underneath the smiles and small talk, you’re fully aware that your business growth has stalled. You feel a quiet desperation.
Those underlying concerns lower your confidence. Doubt has the potential to overshadow your networking and marketing efforts.
Clear the clutter
The doubts, worries or sabotaging behaviors highlight all that’s not going well. Letting go of the negativity is easier for some than for others, but is possible. So often, however, you might not even be aware of what is holding you back and the real reason for your concerns. That’s why you may be the bottleneck to your firm’s growth.
Business growth requires you to challenge your limits. Discover how to attract ideal clients who happily pay your fees. Claim your FREE RESOURCE NOW to earn more without working more.