Mastermind Group Success
Ever have progress stop because you had a question, but no answer? Figuring things out on your own isn’t ideal. Like many accounting firm owners, you work in a solo. These are the moments when you realize how isolated you are.
Like you, I don’t want to struggle with my questions any longer than necessary. Mastermind groups solve that challenge. They’re a wealth of information. If the people in my mastermind group don’t have the answer, then they can connect me to someone who does.
Mastermind groups are powerful. You achieve more, and at a faster pace, when you align with like-minded go-getters. Whether you’re an introvert or an extrovert, we are social creatures.Mastermind groups are powerful. You achieve more, and at a faster pace, when you align with other go-getters. Read full post. #getpaidwhatyoureworth Click To Tweet
Think about all the things you do because others count on you. Some accounting professionals find it easier to follow through simply because they don’t want to disappoint someone else. Personally, I like the challenge of setting expectations and then exceeding them.
Your inner circle
Mastermind groups weren’t on the radar until I read Napoleon Hill’s book Think and Grow Rich. The concept of a mastermind group changed my world. It literally inspired my transition from therapy to business coaching.
Who do you turn to with your questions? Maybe you already have an inner circle of associates, mentors or partners. These are the people you trust and who support you. If so, consider yourself fortunate. Mastermind groups are an ideal place to connect with like-minded firm owners.
I’ve facilitated groups my entire career. My current coaching clients invest in a yearlong program which combines private coaching with group mastermind meetings. Similar to my clients, I consistently invest in a business coach.
The “Master Mind” according to Napoleon Hill
The popular Napoleon Hill mastermind group definition discusses a coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose. Imagine someone else offering their insights which advance your accounting practice.Success rarely happens in isolation. Creating a reliable network with associates you trust is an advanced move. Read full post. #getpaidwhatyoureworth Click To Tweet
Success rarely happens in isolation. Creating a reliable network with associates you trust is an advanced move. Strategically seek out people who are serious about growing their business. Yes, your best friend may not be the ideal person for your mastermind group. People who are too agreeable aren’t a good fit, either. Since they buy into your excuses, you end up avoiding risk.
Who to choose for a mastermind group:
- Determine. Identify the group’s purpose. Consider what you intend to achieve.
- Dedicated. Surround yourself with peers who are serious about their success.
- Dependable. You’ve got to trust and respect them.
- Desire. Guidance and insight are shared in the spirit of supporting one another.
- Differs. A mastermind group differs from a social group.
Napoleon Hill states No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind [the master mind]. A definitive purpose is the common link. A high functioning mastermind group offers insight and accountability.
These four advanced moves will optimize your mastermind group’s success.
- Common purpose. Although it’s highly individual. each member aims for growth. Everyone in the group needs to be on the same page about the mastermind group agenda. Receiving different perspectives is the beauty of a functioning group. Input from your peers supports each member to achieve more in less time.
- Trust and respect. Trust builds with time as the group moves from the forming to the performing stage. The common thread of commitment and mutual support bonds the mastermind group. Yes, each accounting professional continues to work in their own business. And, they’re fully vested in the group. Don’t compromise healthy group dynamics.
- Ground rules. Clarify expectations with clear group rules. In the long run, open communication avoids confusion and misunderstandings.
- Fee or free. The mastermind group cost does matter. You get what you pay for. People are more committed to achieving results when there’s skin in the game.
Imagine achieving more and at a faster pace. Mastermind groups offer you that result.
Ready to find a mastermind group?
- Determine whether a peer led group or one that’s facilitated by a coach is in your best interest.
- Decide on your purpose.
- Seek like-minded people you trust and whom are willing to participate.
The benefits of a mastermind are well worth the time and energy you commit. Take advantage of this unique resource to profitably grow your accounting practice.
Are you ready for a mastermind group? It’s a powerful way to take charge of your accounting firm instead of your firm taking charge of you, Right NOW claim your FREE RESOURCE to earn more while lightening your workload.