Uplevel your business
How you do anything is how you do everything. Rowing changed my life, personally and professionally. Patterns in your life will influence your decision to uplevel your business.
Initially I was a fair weather rower. The thought of rowing on the lake during the winter was unappealing.
After two years of watching other people row all year long, I leaped to yearlong recreational rowing. Now it was possible to row any time I wanted. Surprisingly it wasn’t “that cold” during the winter months. The winters became easier to endure because of my new interest.
The workout time for the racing team overlapped with the recreational rowers. This higher level of commitment was beyond my current interest.
Many reasons reinforced why I didn’t belong. The pre-dawn work outs meant waking up early. The training requirements were intense. Going to regattas was expensive. I didn’t see myself being competitive.Seek out role models to show you how to live life as a winner. Read full post. #getpaidwhatyoureworth Click To Tweet
The passing of seasons
After several seasons of recreational rowing were under my belt, my interest in racing grew. The qualities which I previously disregarded became desirable. Team cohesiveness, advanced workouts and dedicated team members were appealing.
My coach periodically extended an invitation to join the racing team. Each time I declined the offer. The demands of the team were too high. I couldn’t envision myself racing.
An unexpected opportunity
By chance, I had an opportunity to row in a club race for the first time. It was unplanned. One of the boats needed a rower and I said “yes.” Because it happened so fast, I didn’t even have the chance to be nervous. I had no idea what I just committed myself to.
This event opened the door as a racer. My coach extended the invitation again. As a result, this time I was ready.
The experience has been eye-opening. I discovered things about myself which I didn’t know existed. Team work, grasping the value of coaching and strengthening my winner’s mindset were additional benefits.
Skills like this will spill over into other areas of your life. You gain important lessons from everything you do.
Here’s how to uplevel your business.
- Stop limiting yourself. Your thoughts affect your actions. Does your perception limit you or propel you forward? When you are unable to see yourself doing something, you will find reasons to justify your choice to remain in your comfort zone.
- Story of success. Visualize how you want to be. If you are interested in achieving the next level of success in your business, visualize it. Create the story of your success. Think it, see it, be it.
- Surround yourself with success. If you want to think bigger, then surround yourself with people who already think bigger. Spend time with people who have already achieved the level of success that you’re aiming for. Consequently, this one action will influence ways to uplevel your business. Seek out role models to show you how to live life as a winner.
- Solid support. Find supportive people to help you grow. You may achieve success on your own. With a mentor and a strong support, you will reach your next level of success even faster than you had anticipated.
- Shortcuts. Don’t try to figure it all out yourself. There are people out there who are excellent resources. They will show you the shortcuts to speed up your business growth.
- Summarize. While you are taking the steps to grow your business, reflect on how things were one year ago. Give yourself credit for the changes you have made. Obstacles last year are now familiar. Uplevel your mindset; your business will grow.
- Savor your success. Give yourself credit for taking action. Acknowledge and celebrate your successes.
As I reflect on my rowing career, significant changes occurred in a relatively short period of time. Change can occur very quickly.
Facing the unknown
Your mindset influences your success. I faced what was uncomfortable. I still do. Furthermore, I realized that I don’t have to do it alone. If I don’t understand something, my support team probably has the answers. Someone will explain the concept so it makes sense to me.
Questions and unknown steps will continue to arise. Business growth is a process. Develop your solid support circle. Because unanswered questions about how to do something will slow down your momentum.
Are you ready to uplevel your business? Follow these recommendations for a business to be successful, and grow while keeping your passion alive. Discover how to get paid what you are worth and attract clients who understand your value. Right NOW claim your FREE RESOURCE and discover how to create value based pricing.